The intent of this tournament is to promote overall good fellowship, promote fishing, as well as to benefit youth in the surrounding area. Honesty and fair play are essential to the success and competition in any event and must be followed at all times.
Any disputes before, during or after the tournament will be brought to the attention of and addressed by the following rules committee:
Lisa Bowden Ralph Cordrey
Darryl English Hank Wheatley
1. REGISTRATION: Registration deadline is May 25th. Late registration will be accepted with an additional fee of $25. Each boat will designate a captain who will sign the boat/team entry form and take responsibility for his/her team. The tournament committee reserves the right to extend the deadline. The tournament committee reserves the right to refuse entry of any person, group or boat.
Meeting: The tournament will hold a captain’s meeting
on June 1st at
Weigh-In: Will be held at
2. FORMAT: This is a boat tournament. Every team/boat must participate in the Catfish Division and pay a $100 entry fee. Each boat will have a four angler maximum limit; however, additional anglers may be added to a boat for a $25 fee per additional angler. Each team/boat shall have the opportunity to participate in the Four Catfish Division for an additional $40 per boat fee. Additionally, each team shall have the opportunity to participate in the Largest White Perch Division for an additional $20 per boat fee.
a. This is a rod and reel tournament only. The tackle is unlimited and live bait may be used.
b. After the tournament begins, two or more
boats congregating (close enough to pass fish) will be disqualified at the
weigh-in station at
3. TOURNAMENT START/STOP: The tournament will begin at 6:30AM June 1 and lines must be out of the water by 3:30PM. The tournament committee reserves the right to amend the start and finish times of the tournament and will use good faith and judgment to ensure a successful tournament for all participants. If a back-up date is used, weigh-ins will be held at the same scheduled times and places.
1. Scales will be positioned at
5. BOUNDARIES: The boundaries are the Maryland Delaware line. Brookview bridge and buoys 17 and 18 Penknife Point.
6. WEATHER: The tournament does not provide a weather committee and it is a captain’s choice tournament. All team captains, members, boat owners, and all other participants are responsible to determine that their craft is sea-worthy and are advised and encouraged to be familiar with the current local weather conditions and forecasts to determine if the conditions permit the safety of the boat, crew, anglers and guests to proceed to departure and return in a safe and prudent manner. The tournament reserves the right to postpone the tournament and use a back-up date as determined by the tournament committee.
7. CASH AND PRIZE AWARDS: Prize money award cash will only be paid out upon proof of identification using a picture ID (such as driver’s license, government ID card, passport, etc.)
a. CATFISH DIVISION: There will be a 1st place prize for the single largest (weight) catfish on a boat. There will be a 2nd place prize for the second largest (weight) on a boat. There will be a 3rd place prize for the third largest (weight) catfish on a boat. Prize payout will be based on the number of boats entered. A single boat may not take more than one of the above prizes. This is a mandatory division and all boats must participate to qualify for optional divisions listed below. This is a mandatory division and all boats must participate to qualify for optional divisions listed below. There is a $100 a boat fee for a maximum of 4 anglers (including Captain). Additional anglers may be added to a boat for a $25 per additional angler gee. (I.E. a boat with four anglers will have a $100 entry fee, while a boat with six anglers will have a $150 entry fee.)
b. FOUR CATFISH DIVISION: There will be only a 1st place prize of 50/50 of what we take in for this division for the one boat that has the greatest total weight of four catfish from their and only their boat. This is an optional division and there is an additional $40 per boat fee to participate in this category.
c. WHITE PERCH DIVISION: There will be only a 1st place prize of 50/50 of what we take in for this division for the one boat that has the largest (weight) white perch. This is an optional division and there is an additional $20 per boat fee to participate in category.
d. KIDS DIVISION: Registered anglers aged 13 and under may participate individually in this division, but will count against a boat’s total angler count. There will be a 1st place prize of a rod and reel combo along with a 1st place trophy for the largest (weight) catfish caught by a registered angler who is 13 or under years of age. There will be a 2nd place prize of a rod and reel combo along with a 2nd place trophy for the second largest (weight) catfish caught by a registered angler who is 13 or under years of age. There will be a 3rd place prize of a rod and reel combo along with a 3rd place trophy for the third largest (weight) catfish caught by a registered angler who is 13 or under years of age.
9. FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS: The weight and/or length of the eligible fish submitted for weigh-in is subject to state of Maryland and/or federal laws. All tournament boats must possess current and valid Maryland Saltwater Fishing licenses and any other permits as required by applicable law at the time of weigh-in. Any team without valid permits and/or licensing are in violation of state and/or federal law and may have their fish disqualified at time of weigh-in.
10. WAIVER DISCLAIMER: It is expressly understood that participants in this tournament enter at their own risk and the Tournament Directors, Officers, Sponsors and Committees and all other persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of said tournament, shall be exempt from any liability what so ever for liable, slander, loss, damage, negligence, harm, injury or death suffered by any participant, entrant, vessel, and equipment, companions, guests, boat captains, mates, crewmembers, which may occur during or in conjunction with this tournament. By signing the official tournament registration form, the boat owner, captain and mate(s), anglers, and guests consent that the tournament may use without payment or restriction any photographs or video footage, in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial or promotional material.
11. PROTEST: Any protest must surface verbally at the time of the incident, at the weigh-in station.
12. PARTICIPANTS: Any and all participants entering the tournament agree that all decisions made by the tournament committee/rules committee shall be final and binding in any manner requiring their action.